We recommend dropping the sample on the kit and putting it in the device within 5 minutes. Over time, the results may not be correct. (the color of the test band will change and the test result will be lower.)
Yes, you can only use serum. You cannot use whole blood or plasma. Serum can be obtained by letting the whole blood sample clot in a plain tube and centrifuging, or by placing it in an SST (serum separating tube, yellow top tube), mixing the tube in order to have the sample evenly come in touch with the tube wall, and then centrifuging after the sample is hardened.
[Note: How to get serum]
※ This is a general method that can be applied to dogs without coagulation abnormalities. Depending on the patient, if the blood does not clot after the expected time, wait until it is clotted.
Yes, such samples are valid.
Samples should be refrigerated if used within 24 hours, otherwise must be stored frozen. Test results are influenced by temperature; thus serum must be kept in room temperature for 15-30 minutes. (20-30 minutes if the sample was frozen)
If serum is mixed in the buffer, 2 hours at room temperature will not affect the test result. However, just before dropping it into the kit, shake the mixed sample thoroughly, discard the initial 10 drops, and drop 3 drops into the kit. (sufficiently shake the sample just before applying it on the kit)
The number of drops greatly affects the results. Please retest with a new kit. If proper amount of serum is placed in the buffer provided, shake it well and discard 10 drops before applying 3 drops to the new kit. You can also use a 100ul pipet.
※ 10 times with 10ul pipet, the kit will not work !!!!
It is possible to stop the test before its completion. The instructions are as follows:
1. In case that you clicked STANDBY button on web site but did not started on AniScanner device:
- Close popup detail result or progress window on web site
- In the test result list on main page, there are areas displaying "..." mark. If you hover the mouse cursor there, you will see a trash icon.
- If you click the icon, a alert asking if you proceed to stop and delete the test will be shown.
- Click OK button to stop and delete the test.
2. In case that you clicked STANDBY button on web site and started the scan on AniScanner device:
- You cannot stop the test in this case, but you can stop the test on AniScanner device.
- If you started the scan on device, you can see stop button on the main screen on the device. Touch the button to stop the test.
- The test that has been stopped by AniScanner device will be shown as error.
- This can be deleted on web site as described above.